Welcome to the Cary Elementary Counselor's Connection.
My name is Meliene Bawden. For the past 28 years I have had the distinct pleasure of serving as the School Counselor for Cary Elementary. Though I have met many of you and you have likely seen me about school carrying out my responsibilities, you may have wondered, “What does she do?”
Working in partnership with school staff, parents, and the community I provide the following services:
- Classroom guidance lessons
- Small group counseling
- Individual counseling
- Assist in crisis situations
- Coordinate efforts with other school professionals in order to help students to be successful
- Act as a consultant and referral source between school, parents, and community
- Help in the process of admitting and orientating new families to the school
- Conduct parent presentations and/or workshops
There are many reasons for children to seek out their school counselor. The times that we live in can be stressful and difficult. Many personal and school related problems can have a direct impact on a child’s ability to learn. As your child’s School Counselor I strive to provide a safe and confidential environment for all students to help facilitate their academic and social success.
Parents may contact me by phone, 919-460-3460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details about services they are interested in for their student.